Providence Presbyterian Church in Albuquerque, New Mexico strives to exist and minister to the glory of God our Redeemer. We began in the Fall of 1984 as a mission church of the Presbyterian Church in America with which we maintain an affiliation. This is the denomination of Dr. R. C. Sproul, Dr. D. James Kennedy and the late Dr. James Montgomery Boice. We seek to have the Bible as the foundation for all we do, recognizing it to be the authoritative, inspired word of God Himself. We view the worship of God as our holiest privilege and evangelizing the lost as our greatest duty. We desire to glorify the Lord through our obedience and to enjoy Him forever based on the finished work of Jesus Christ.
If you have never trusted in Jesus Christ as your Redeemer, would you consider the following for just a moment?
• The Bible indicates that all of us are sinful and in need of spiritual transformation.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
• The result of our sin is spiritual death, eternal separation from God.
"For the wages of sin is death." (Romans 6:23)
"And you were dead in your trespasses and sins." (Ephesians 2:1)
• But God has provided eternal life as a free gift for His people.
"...but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
• This gift of eternal life cannot be appropriated through our own sense of goodness or through any work of our own.
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)
• This gift is given on the basis of the redeeming work of Jesus Christ.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)
• Therefore, the gift of eternal life is appropriated only through saving faith in Jesus Christ alone.
"Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, you and your household." (Acts 16:31)
• Such faith includes the need for repentance in humility before God.
"Repent and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:15)
• With such repentance and faith, eternal life and the forgiveness of sins is yours.
"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)
"There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)
Today, won't you repent of your sins, believe the gospel of Jesus Christ and be redeemed!
Please contact us and, by God's grace, we can help you grow in your faith.